.......................................................................

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Get a Whiff of This

There's a Clint Black song from the early 90s, State of Mind, that talks about how a song can stir up memories. "Ain't it funny how a melody, can bring back the memory; Take you to another place and time, and even change your state of mind."

If you're a regular reader, you'll know this is true for me, too. (Recall the post Single Girl Swag where a Sara Evans sneak attack the week after the breakup left me in tears over her song A Little Bit Stronger.)

Not only can a song stir up a memory, it's also smells. The smell of honeysuckle still brings me back to my grandma's backyard when we were little and her then chain-link fence was covered in the vine.

Even though he's gone and hasn't been to the apartment for a month (and he's told me to stop blogging about him), sometimes I can still get a whiff of Kevin. At least it's not a bad, lingering boy smell. It's a mixture of body wash, shaving cream, deodorant and just - him. So this weekend I changed the sheets again and washed the duvet. And when I crawled into bed Saturday night, all I smelled was dryer sheets.

What I Wear
For Christmas his mom - who I still and will always adore - gave me an amazing assortment of Victoria's Secret Love Spell scented beauty products. I'm not much on overwhelming perfumes and colognes, so I love to use just a few spritzes of the Love Spell body mist in the morning.

What's your favorite perfume or body mist? Do you wear one?

5 comments:

  1. My mom gave me a Bath & Body Works gift card for Christmas and just last week I ran in to use it. They have a new (or new to me cause I rarely purchase from there) smell called Forever Sunshine. I <3 it! So perfectly spring-y! So it's my new default smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John really doesn't like any smelly stuff, so I don't worry about it - saves a couple of bucks anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete