.......................................................................

Monday, March 7, 2011

Fly Away Home

Last night, the final night of the option period, the seller signed the amendment, and the negotiations are over! I close on the house at the end of the month, and I have to be out of the apartment by April 12.

Although it's strange to be in the apartment now - and the hour-long commute to and from work is killer - it is still weird to think that I'm really buying a house. I have moved just about every year since I moved to College Station in 2003, so I'm ecstatic to find a place to put down some roots and make a home.

And I'm not the only one experiencing big changes. After an extensive job hunt over the past few months, my mom took a position with a company in Brownwood, Texas. (Brownwood is west of Waco and 3.5 hours from both Dallas and College Station.) She started last week, and my parents are putting my childhood home in Dallas on the market. It will be strange once they move to not have that place I can fly away home to be the same house as the past 24 years.

Birds Birds Birds
A coworker of mine recently bought a new house as well, and her family moves over spring break. She sent me a link last week to some Pottery Barn sheets with the note, "I'm totally into birds right now."

And so am I! I have to stop myself from buying all of the adorable bird dishes, kitchenware and home decor items they are selling right now. We thought we might be crazy, but then I saw Quinn on Glee last night wearing the same Anthropologie dress I sent to my coworker last week. If it's on primetime television, I'm pretty sure we're not crazy. So here are birds I'm cuckoo over.
Girly Bird Gets the Dress, Modcloth $98 (currently sold out);
Sing Sweetly Party Dress, Anthropologie $148;
Pair of Sweet 'Keets, Modcloth $23 (currently sold out);
Falling Frond Top, Forever 21+ $16;
Free at Last wallet, Modcloth $28;
Bird pendant, James Avery $49;
Bird earrings, People Tree $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment