.......................................................................

Monday, February 28, 2011

Shellacer

Lately I have been hoarding all the dollars and cents I can for a down payment on a HOUSE. (Ok, ok, except for the red dress to get my single girl swag back!) I've made an offer on a 1965 cottage-style house that I adore, and now the seller and I are just going back and forth on final details. I hope to keep the closing date as March 30 so I can get in the house before the lease at our apartment is up. Behold my new house (hopefully)!!
I've been doing my own manicures and pedicures in attempt to save money, but I've been dying to go and at least get a manicure. With a little found money, I went to a new salon near the apartment and decided to try Shellac that I've been hearing so much about.

Shellac is a new product by Creative Nail Design (CND) that is supposed to last for weeks without chipping. Patent-pending UV3 technology combines the ease of polish with the permanence of gels. It goes on like polish, wears like gel and comes off in minutes. (according to their website)
Verdict: I love it!
Why:
  1. My nails were dry before I even stepped out of the salon. I didn't have to fumble for my keys or try to reach in to get my wallet from my over-packed purse without ruining a nail.
  2. They look like acrylics without the thickness of the fake nail or having to thin out my real nails.
  3. My nails feel stronger.
Sidenote: I should be a hand model.

Concern
: I wonder if I'll get skin cancer on my fingers now - after they polish on the base, polish and top coat they stick your hand in a UV box for about a minute and a half. And if I get skin cancer on my fingers I may not be able to blog anymore! The horror!

Removal: Have a professional who is familiar with Shellac take it off your nails. Don't let them use the acrylic sandblaster thing, they should soak your nails in acetone.

Have you tried Shellac? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment