.......................................................................

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The First, First Date

On Saturday I found out that Kevin had rejoined eHarmony. Ca-rushing to say the least. Even worse, he had signed up only three or four days after we had broken up and was already emailing with a few girls. Two years and he was already moving on. How dare he.

Now let's forget the part where -during last week- I started looking for, found and put an offer on a house back in Bryan/College Station. Because purchasing property 70 miles away doesn't say moving on, finished, donezo in the least.

Still, I'd be lying to say if I wasn't hurt. I made the telephone rounds to sister, mom, friends - all who were out enjoying their Saturday night while I was at home wallowing in self pity and What Not to Wear reruns. And so I cried. And cried. And blew my nose twelve times.

And then I decided to eff it. I'll show him (I guess?), and I joined eHarmony, Match.com AND OKCupid. Bam!

So I find myself going on my first, first date tomorrow in two years. A simple, casual lunch date, with a senior in the international affairs masters program at A&M who I've talked to about everything from The Real Housewives series to Libya, Glenn Beck and the CIA this week.

What do you wear when you're throwing yourself back into the dating pool? I guess I'm going for this: a simple, black button down dress, a black and white patterned cardigan, knee-high wedge boots (similar to the pic, but not exactly), and purple tights?

Other ideas? Hello? Save me. I can tell other people all day long what they should wear, and I can't even decide what necklace I should wear tomorrow.

date


1 comment:

  1. Go with whatever ... WHATEVER ... make you feel the most comfortable. You need to feel like you. For me that's a comfy dress and boots - but, idk. It's up to you babe. if you are more comfortable in jeans - you should! Just think that day about and go with what make you feel like you darling!!

    ReplyDelete