.......................................................................

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Great Abandoner

This weekend Kevin and I went to the wedding of a high school friend of his. I was a little nervous to jump into a large group of people I didn't know, especially since Kevin's superpower at events like this is abandonment. I'll turn around from a conversation and *poof* he's gone!

Luckily everyone was really nice, and I met a couple of fellow abandonees to commiserate with. My evening also consisted of an MC Hammer dance off in the hallway to the restrooms with an unknown male guest and resisting the advances of Chris Farley and Zac Galifianakis' long lost brother.

As you can see, we had a completely appropriate and terrible time!
I had intended to wear the black ponte knit sheath dress I had purchased from Lane Bryant that was so comfy to the wedding. But when I wiggled into some Spanx and tried on the dress in the light at home, it was not flattering. In a panic I tried on three other dresses I owned and settled on a sleeveless, zebra-type print dress and a silver shrug. You can kind of see it above.

My outfit looked similar to this. Seeing it now, it's a wonder I wasn't mistaken for a mime as wedding entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment