.......................................................................

Monday, November 8, 2010

Live Like a Queen

This morning we got the news that Kevin's cousin passed away last night in a car accident. Brittany was born a fighter and to cause a scene. She came into this world a preemie and outlived every doctor's expectations - stealing the show with every milestone as the family watched her grow.

Her bright light couldn't be contained, and she burst onto the stage, loving every minute of every play she could be a part of in high school. She just graduated this past May, and I couldn't imagine all of the things she would experience in her life. I pushed her to apply to UT - even though I'm an Aggie - because I knew it was the place for her, where she could let loose and soak in all of the music and culture.

She was a Renaissance festival queen - spending every moment she could there. So help me honor Ms. Brittnay Tidwell - and live like a queen.

5 comments:

  1. This is exactly why i love you. baby.
    Britt, You were the light of our lives. I am still numb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Rachel, thank you so much for this. You saw her spirit very clearly. She thought so very much of you and was so glad Kevin found you. Honey, thanks again.
    Love,
    aunt June

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry for the loss. <3 love love love all around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, how very sweet of you to post this for our Brittnay, she loved you!!! She and I always said if you and Kevin ever broke up 'we" would never like anyone else he was with.. Love you sweetie...take care of my baby for me too I know he is hurting.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete